Monday, November 29, 2010

on to the next big thing...

The 2010 volleyball season has come to a close. It began in mid-August and ended on November 22 with the National Championship Finals. The fact that the season is over means so many things, but in regards to this trip, it means that our trip to India feels closer than ever. And we ARE closer than ever - just over one month away.  How incredible. I'm having increasingly more conversations about India.... with Prof. Feenstra, parents, friends, random people who ask what I'm doing for Interim, and Nick.  It's like I need to talk to everyone about it for different reasons, but all of those conversations are bracing me in different ways for this experience. Some things I've recently realized and/or learned:

1. India is far away. Really far away.
2. India will be an uncomfortable. And smelly.
3. I won't be able to talk to people back home except via the internet. (I knew this all along, but it has actually sunk in)
4. I will miss home and people back here. (Didn't ever think about that before...I've been too excited)
5. God is setting me up for the experience of a lifetime. I know He will break my heart in what I see and experience there, but I am excited. The part of my heart that is passionate about travel and other cultures beats faster when I think about this trip.

That's all for now folks.

34 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment