Tuesday, October 26, 2010

numbers.

Today we had our first meeting as a group, and let me tell you.... I'm stoked.  We're going to India. For reals.  When I walked into the computer lab (where we were meeting), I saw Michelle Busscher there - a fellow senior nursing student.  My first response was to exclaim, "Are you going on this?" And she said, "Yeah! Are you?!" To which I replied, "Yeah!" So we're pretty excited. And a bit surprised that we didn't know about this before today. I'm also pumped about the other students going on the trip - I know a few of them from classes or other random times (Jordan was at my apartment one night with his friend Jeremiah visiting Abbie, and Dana is a nursing student that I've never really known until now...), and there are new faces as well.  Seems like a really great group, and I can't wait to see all the friendships that God forms on this trip.

The rest of our discussion revolved primarily around numbers. Here's the breakdown:  Newark to Mumbai is a 15 hour plane ride (yikes)....India is roughly an 11 hour time difference from Michigan...we will likely not be able to communicate with people back in the U.S. until about 3 days into the trip (sorry Mom!)...the bus ride from Mumbai to Jamkhed is 8 hours. Numbers. Lots of numbers. Speaking of numbers...68 days till departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment